Bucharest Greeters is an informal and non-profit initiative which will help you to enjoy a unique experience, to discover the authentic Bucharest and the unknown parts of it. We will offer according to your preferences a personalized jaunt, show interesting places & urban culture, architecture, parks, shopping centers, less well known neighborhoods, present national culture, culinary and traditions of Romanians.
To request a greeter you have to fill the form and then we’ll pair your group with a local volunteer according to your common interests for a 2-3 hours tour through Bucharest.
The program is free of charge. A walk with a greeter is informal, unscripted, and does not necessarily follow a predefined itinerary. Greeters are not professional licensed tour guides, they don’t accept any form of payment, nor tips. Visitors and greeters will pay their own public transport fare to reach a destination within the city. We don’t tour places with entrance fees (e.g. museum), but we can provide information about how to visit such places.
With a greeter, you can experience more fun, love and craziness in Bucharest! You’re not just a tourist. You’re a friend.
All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values:
1) Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
2) Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
3) Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
4) Visitors are welcomed without any kind of discrimination.
5) Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respects natural and man-made environments, it brings both cultural and economic enrichment to the local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
6) Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange, create links between ordinary people in creating a better world